MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION & BENEFITS
A resident within the borders of Sundowner becomes
a SRA member by applying for membership and paying
monthly membership fees.
- Members of the SRA Residents Association are only
accepted with the approval of the Committee.
- The committee is authorized to revoke membership
at any time within reason.
INCENTIVES TO CURRENT PAYING MEMBERS TO SIGN UP NEW MEMBERS:
Current paying members are encouraged to talk to their non-paying friends and neighbours and convince them to sign up:
For every non-member that joins, introduced by an existing member, the introducing member will be paid a refund of R250 on their membership subs for the month in which the new member joins. At the end of the year, there will be an additional prize at the AGM for the member with the highest number of new member introductions.
If you are selling your property, or aware of new neighbours moving into the area we kindly request that you inform the buyer about the SRA and the costs and benefits associated therewith.
Anne Koppenaal will arrange membership literature when necessary and if needed a couple of committee members will come around and meet with you and your introduces to assist in the process
So as soon as you have someone interested, let Anne know and let’s get them signed up – it is even more in your own interest than it was before!!!
WHY SHOULD YOU BECOME A MEMBER OF THE SRA?
Currently only approximately 330 residents out of a total of over 500 are contributing to the Sundowner boomed area. Whilst those not contributing do benefit from the booms and the property values which result from a secure environment, all members would pay a dramatically reduced levy and could receive additional benefits if all residents would contribute. The SRA do not want to think of the consequences if the association would disband due to lack of funding and support.
All contributing members are urged to talk to their neighbours, become involved and maintain their contributions on a continual monthly basis, the SRA are offering cash incentives to members recruiting current non-members, ultimately to ensure sustainable achievement of the SRA mission, the Association needs a proactive community and maximized membership.
By becoming a member, you receive:-
- Full armed response service provided by the contracted Service Provider, this service includes:
- monitoring of any existing alarm systems
- holiday patrols
- assistance with other emergencies
- discounted rates on alarm systems installed and maintained by Londoloza security.
- ‘take me home’ service, where Security vehicle will escort members to their homes from the booms late at night.
- trained first response paramedic facility
- A dedicated 24/7 Londoloza reaction vehicle equipped with the latest technology and manned on a rotational basis by 10 dedicated reaction officers.
- Proactive crime prevention initiatives
- A pleasant, attractive, well maintained and secured suburb which is highly sought after.
- Links to other Residents Associations in the area, and also to Honeydew SAPF and Community Policing Forum.
- SMS and e mail notification of area specific issues
- Training seminars, such as Domestic Worker Safety, Home Security etc
- Dynamic and interactive website
- Community initiatives
WHAT ARE THE RESIDENTS ASKED TO CONTRIBUTE?
To provide ongoing security, residents are asked to
contribute a monthly levy per household as follows:
- Monthly levies are R990 for free standing houses
- Levies for complexes are variable at the moment.
- Levies for pensioners are R428 at present. We need a card to confirm that they are on a pension fund. A man has to be 65 yrs and woman 60 years
- Depending on new members signing up, we may even be able to reduce this fee in future.
To become a SRA member:
- Download, complete and fax the Monthly Debit Order
Instruction (below) to Anne Koppenaal.
If you want an electronic transponder installed,
please fax confirmation of membership payment to Anne
Koppenaal so that she can contact Londoloza to install
the transmitter. Please do not contact Londoloza directly.
MEMBERSHIP DOCUMENTS: (For download)
How are paying SRA Members Identified?
By a board attached to their gates. This board shows
the SRA logo and the street address of the participant.
The purpose of this board is to show the support of
the SRA by the community and for Londoloza to effectively
provide assistance to paying members. These boards will
remain the property of the SRA and will be removed should
any household stop contributing to the SRA.
- Tel. 795 2103
and 083 293 1202